Researchers believe that genetics plays a hand in how a person is motivated to learn. They found that genetic variation accounted for half the differences in a person's character and that the other half was from outside influences. Genetics is a big part of the basis for character in a person. In the article, researchers observed seven educationally relevant character measures such as work ethic, enjoyment or desire to learn, attitudes toward education, and self appraised abilities. As they were observing these seven character traits, they also looked at how the character measures were associated with the personality traits: openness, conscientiousness, extraversion, agreeableness, and neuroticism. After the experiment was completed, the study showed that genetics accounted for 69 percent in the difference in character while the other 31 percent was due to outside factors.
This finding is awesome and explains to some degree in why some people are more into their studies than others.